Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Blogday To Us!

The First of September is an important date around here. On that date in 2006, I decided to make a drastic change to my home on the Internet, mikeymix.com. Up until then, it was just a couple links.. The only reason anyone would ever go there was to check their email. And since most of us fortunate enough to have an @mikeymix.com email address live at our house, and get our email through a civilized mail program, the website presence was largely unnecessary.

Meanwhile, a few friends had started family blogs, and I had been thinking it would be a great way to let our friends and family know what we're up to... since we're generally too busy being up to stuff, to actually call people and tell them what we've been up to.

And so, on September First, Two-Thousand-Six, I launched Ye Olde Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs: An Epic Blog. Or something like that...

In the two years since, I've loved how this blog thing has enhanced our lives!!

We've shared our family's comings and goings, made some new friends, and probably my most favorite (and most unexpected) part, I've gotten to know several of my cousins that I really haven't seen for 20 years or so! That fact alone, more than justifies the time, effort and questionable necessity of blogging.

Thanks to all of our readers, commenters, fellow bloggers, and yes, even you lurkers who never feel compelled to speak up and let us know you're here. (hint: leave a comment!!)

It occurs to me that we haven't had any giveaways since the Bag o' Crap Bingo, and that was several months ago! Keep your eyes on us for the next week or so, as it is time for another!

6 comments:

  1. I've only been a blogosopher since May but I completely agree with you Mike. I'm not quite as addicted to this new hobby as I was a few months ago which is good, because I can enjoy it now without feelings of guilt for spending too much time on the computer. BTW this weekend was so much fun. It's amazing how much we end up laughing when we all get together. Love you guys, make it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you did. Happy Blogday indeed. 2 years of memories and fun. Glad you had a fun weekend with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took about that long for people to convince me that I would love Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog day Brinkerhoff family. You do such a fabulous job of keeping up with informing us of the exciting things you do. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lurkers smurkers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I've enjoyed the blogging business as well. I haven't been posting anything lately though. Maybe I'll do it soon...

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!