Monday, September 22, 2008

Walkin' the Dog

Last year in our neighboring town of University Place, a new world-class golf course opened up. So world-class, in fact, that right after it opened, they announced that the 2015 U.S. Open would be played there!

Now if you know me, you should also know that golf is NOT something I follow, or participate in, unless it's the Mini-, Wii- or Super-Monkey-Ball- varieties. But our lovely new course also has a great walking trail that loops through and around it, making a very nice three mile walk. I'd heard many people talk about what a great walk it is, and have wanted to go tour it for a long time, but never had gotten around to it.

Never, that is, until yesterday after church!

We got home, had a quick lunch, loaded up the puppy and headed for the trail. I also packed the camera, just in case the opportunity arose for a few good shots of Cindy and her dog.



By the mid-point of the trail, I was so glad I'd brought the camera! I didn't take many pics of Abigail, but the scenery was spectacular! The sky was mostly overcast, with occasional bright clearings. When I saw the sparkling on the water, I snapped a shot, full of hope that I could capture even a fraction of the scene. I was actually surprised when I got home and saw that it looked this good!



Shortly after that one, it seemed like everywhere I looked there was another picture just begging to be shot!


The Tacoma-Narrows Bridge


Sweet, Juicy, Delicious Blackberries






Several Shots of the Chambers Bay Golf Course

It was such a great walk! As long as the weather holds, I think this may be a new regular after church activity!

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful walk. Just a breath of fresh air. All those different scenes. Cute dog too. Oh, and the owner is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like such a nice walk. Has Abby gotten any more enthusiastic about normal puppy things? She is still darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!! You are quite the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan - yeah, the scenery was beautiful, but the best looking thing I saw all day was Abigail's owner! =)

    Alicia - It turns out Abby was infected by several types of nastiness that were making her not want to do anything. Two days after starting her medication, she is a very active - even hyper - yet still well-behaved puppy!

    Lisa - THANKS!! I've discovering more and more that I really love photography, and am looking at getting a new camera that will let me flex and grow further... Until then, I'm continually amazed at what I can accomplish through creative cropping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mike three mile walk for you two mile run for Lisa, I'm feeling a little embarrassed by mine and Shawn's thrice weekly thirty minute work outs. Oh well, we'll keep it up and who knows one day we might be giving you and Lisa, and Cindy too of course, (I'm sure she was right there with you every step of those three miles)a big run for your money. Also beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some amazing shots! And I thank you for your joining the "I don't care for Dogs" club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Cindy and her dog"!?! I love it. I'm betting within a month it will become "our dog". Those are amazing pictures. I have been totally enjoying Rodney's blog. I vaguely remeber drawing blood from you a long time ago. You must not have passed out and thrown up, or I would have definately remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!