Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fall is a wrap!

The fall sports have wound down and our family is enjoying a leisurely Saturday together. As I write this Mike and the kids are enjoying a game of Doctor Mario!

Last Saturday was the soccer party for Kaylee's team "The Barracudas". We ate Pizza and the girls were given their trophies. Kaylee was a high scorer for her team this year and was 1 out of only two girls to have a "hat trick" (three goals in one game) this season.



Kaylee will start basketball in December for the first time. I am not sure what to expect but I do know with Kaylee it will be a lot of fun!!

Ellysa celebrated the "Curtis High School Girls Swim Team" season on Thursday night. She had another great season cutting her times with her best at 1:09 for her 100 freestyle. She started the season with a 1:13! Way to go! She is now timing for boys' swimming while she waits for girls' Water Polo to start.



Tyler recently started a rec league volleyball team. He has never played before but seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit. He says he has a "Killer Serve," and we are excited to watch him play in December. (since we haven't seen him play yet, here's an artist's rendering)



I have been busy restoring this!



This baby cradle was lent to us by our sweet friend Heidi. Her babies used it and Danee will too. It has been a lot of work scraping and sanding what I would guess is 28 years worth of paint, but I am pleased to announce the cradle will finally move into the house this weekend.



Please continue to pray for a good outcome with Danee... We hit a wrinkle with the biological father. Although our attorney is certain "pigs will fly backwards in Australia" before any court would give him this baby, it does sit in my mind as a possibility. I toured the NICU on Thursday night and met with the charge nurse. Danee will be in good hands! We are close to being ready for her arrival and are praying that her biological Mom will continue to eat. Danee's weight estimation is 2.5 lbs, we are hoping for 3.5-4.0 when she is delivered on December 5th at 8:00 am. I will be in the delivery room to welcome our daughter into the world. I know that Heavenly Father is working this out and in the process my faith is being made stronger. All in His time, right???

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping against hope that the bio father wouldn't want anything to do with this. I can imagine this must be a pretty scary new development. Although as we all know, with God anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cradle looks beautiful! Good job refinishing it. We hope everything goes smoothly with welcoming Danee into this world and into your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cradle is lovely! I can't even express how excited I am about your new daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!