Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Why We're Adopting - Part I

Okay, before I get into the details, I just have to say that any enjoyment I was getting from teasing out information in "fun size" pieces has dried up, and now I just WISH I had the time to tell everything about how this all happened! Unfortunately, work and home life have been crazy busy, and my blogging time has been severely impacted! Just to write this opening paragraph has taken me half an hour because of those annoying distractions! So I should really just get past the intro and in to what you want to hear. After all, you are the reason we do this blog... even you lurkers... who look but try your hardest to never make your presence known... you.. you're the reason... (I know that if this was a flowery chick blog, we'd have tons of comments on every post... but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna keep begging!)

Anyway!

As you likely know, when Cindy and I got married, we each brought two kids to the family. I brought the boys, and she brought the girls. We considered adding an "ours" to the mix of "yours" and "mine" but decided against it for a number of reasons. We even went so far as putting me through a... uhh... "procedure" to ensure that we would remain a family of six.

Wouldn't you know it, by the time the incisions had healed, we began to question our decision. For the past five years we've thought, talked and prayed about various ways to welcome a new bundle of joy into our family. Out-of-country adoption, foster parenting, reverse vasectomy (shudder), but we never got that "yeah, go do it!" feeling.

Over the last 18 months or so, we've leaned more and more toward the adoption end of the spectrum, but still hadn't actually DONE anything to make it happen.

Until last Friday...

(I gotta get back to work - lunchtime's over... Part II will be coming soon!)

4 comments:

  1. um.. who cares about work. we need details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll wait. Hopefully not for too long though. I realize I could just call you and get the direct from the horse's mouth version but like you said you are busy, and I HATE having to talk on the phone when I'm busy. BTW I have been meaning to question as to your availability of "Mr Blue Sky". I would like to request a copy of it please.
    Thank you also for your wonderful comment on my latest post. I would love to be forwarded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you left us hanging there! Hurry up and continue the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I am just now reading this. I see Part 2 up above here.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!