Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Intervention


Intervention - Noun


1.
the act or fact of intervening.
2.
interposition or interference of one state in the affairs of another.



This past weekend Kaylee, Ellysa and I experienced a true intervention. You see their father, my ex-husband is an alcoholic. This horrible disease effects millions of people everyday and has turned my life and the lives of our young daughters upside down for years. Yet alcohol, the culprit is so accepted in our world ... why? I will never understand this. The good news is that after 16+ years Robert is receiving help. It was amazing to see the family come together and express love and worry for his health and to see him reach out and receive the offer.


After all these years I finally have something back .... HOPE.


I am so proud of our girls for the strength they showed to stand up to this disease. I will pray for Robert to stay strong, what a brave step he took.


Please keep Robert, the girls and his family in your prayers, it will be a long journey back.


I am hopeful he will make it.

2 comments:

  1. I like seeing the word "hope" used for something that truly matters. I wish him all the luck in the world to beat his disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he is successful. I also hope that Donald stops pouting soon.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!