Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What The Crap?

Wow.

I haven't watched any American Idol this year.

Until tonight.

Everyone on the show tonight is picking lame songs, boring songs, songs with no vocal range...

The judges are calling them out on that.

But what I personally have been hearing, that I haven't heard the judges pick up on, is that pretty much all of them - listening to the recap at the end of the show right now, and I'm gonna say ALL of them - have been turning their vibrato up to 11, or in some cases even higher.

It's not even American Idol to me.

It's Barnyard Idol, with a whole bunch of billy goats trying to out-warble each other.

It sounded terrible. Nobody earned my vote.

Tone it down, goaties!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah haw, Hillbilly Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't even been that interested in Idol this year, which is shocking to us. Every time we turn it on it's an awful singer. Plus it feels a lot more casual this year--more like the very first season. They talk forever after someone sings, and let the contestant talk back and "defend" themselves for a while. It's annoying to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! There was that one idiot guy last night who picked a truly awful song... particularly awful as something to sing in a competition.. ''If You Could Only See'' by Tonic. If you've not been subjected to that tripe, it's a whining, droning, very little vocal range (or ability) required song.

    When he announced that was what he'd be singing, I said "That's a horrible song!"

    When he finished, Simon basically said the same thing. IdiotBoy replied defiantly, "Well I think it was great, so there!" or something...

    And the crowd cheered for some reason. (cue cards??)

    It's like watching wrestling or something, only wrestlers probably sing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to mention the terrible shaky dancing that Tatoo Girl did! She was like a Toddler out there, the way she moved! I thought for sure someone would say something!

    (I still love Idol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amy, I was hoping someone other than me wondered what on earth those weird and extremely awkward movements she was making were. Last week there were much better singers. Not all of them of course but as a whole they were all far better than the lame clucks last night. Last week two of the winners, Danny Something, and I think her name is Alexis Grace, they are pure talent. I won't be surprised if they end up as the final two.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!