Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Adoption Open House Photoganza!

Okay, so I already posted the pic of all of us with the judge, but there are many, many more great pics from the Adoption & Blessing Weekend... Many (most?) of them are thanks to Tyler, who is pretty good at getting the shots that I always forget to take! Thanks, Ty!!

Kicking things off... We let the kids skip school on the day of the hearing (Friday) so they could attend it with us. That afternoon, Kaylee, Tyler and I were listening to various Music Choice channels through our cable service, and settled on "Today's Country." A few songs in, we noticed that they had a thing running where you can send text messages in, and have them appear on screen - so we HAD to send in a special text welcoming Danee as an official member of our family!

So I did! And we waited... and waited... and waited some more... And then it was time for Tyler to go back up to Kent to get ready for the final show of Willy Wonka Jr, which he played in (as Mr. Bucket, Charlie's father. He had an AWESOME song and dance number!!), and when we got back home - about two hours after sending the message, I got a text back that our message was about to appear!!

So I set myself up in front of the TV, camera in hand, and waited.

And the phone rang.

And the baby cried.

Finally, as I was talking to my sister Linda about how to get to Wilson High School, and holding Danee, our message appeared on the screen! PANIC!!

Thankfully, my wife was at the ready, and saved the moment...



And with that, the mad rush of craziness was off!!

A couple hours later, we were bursting at the seams with visiting family!



Saturday morning, I went and picked Tyler back up so he could spend the rest of the weekend with us. (his performances in his play were all outstanding, by the way!) He and Cindy went out and bought decorations, I went out and bought foodstuffs, and we met back and got everything ready for our open house, with an hour to spare!!





After a brief rest, the house was open! We had a steady stream of people through for the entire four hours, which surprised us... We were worried that we had made the window too big and would have a lot of boring downtime.

Ha. Boring and Downtime are two words that we STILL haven't said in the last two weeks... I now present, The Danee Celebratory Open House!



The Donald and Elisabeth were perhaps a little tired from their trip to the zoo earlier...



Meanwhile, Jasper couldn't help but notice how enticingly Kitty's tail was dangling in front of his face...



You can almost see the Cat Caption, something along the lines of "Do I Do It? Or Do I Don't Do It?"



He Did It.

Wow, that's a lotta stuff already! I'll break Sunday's pics into a separate post...

Thanks to everyone who came to the open house!!

4 comments:

  1. It was a good time, but isn't it always at your house? :)

    I'm still thinking about those meatballs in the crock. SOOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have guessed that this post would end with cat pics!!! That is too funny.

    I am glad so many people came and celebrated with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it wasn't my plan, honest!!

    I didn't even see the kitty interchange in real life, but when I was looking through the memory card, and saw all the candids that Tyler had caught, I saw the two cat ones and started cracking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Jasper! Trying to steal a bit of the attention from Danee.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!