Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rockin' The Stake Dance

Last night, I finally got to DJ my first Olympia Stake Dance!

After a couple months of thinking about it, planning for it, and even worrying about it, things went off very well! My niece Rachel and nephew Kevin were great helpers - Thanks Guys!!

Attendance was on the light side, what with coming out of Spring Break and heading into Easter, but the kids who were there, had a great time and the vast majority of them stayed on the dancefloor the whole night. Several of the stake leaders told me that kids were coming up to them saying "That DJ was great - you should try to get him back!"

Hearing comments like that far exceeded even my highest hopes for this first impression! My goal was to simply make a good impression, and hope that after a few times together, they'd start to like me... It was a very fun night, as this highlight reel shows!



Next up, June 27th, which is the final night of Camp Helaman, and they're expecting 500 or more kids... Plus, the theme is NEON, so there will be even more cool lighting - I can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. Mike is BACK. Cue the thunderous applause!
    I'm so excited for your new chance to take the Stake dances by storm Mike. I will say good luck but I hardly think you will need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy disco lights batman! Those lights are amazing!!! I'm sure the news will spread and you'll be breaking fire codes before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, the stake dances I went to were NEVER that cool. EVER. That is awesome, and pretty much something I would love love love to do.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!