Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Wednesday Quick Facts

Holy Cow! Wednesday already??

Sorry about the complete lack of posting this week.. We have been way beyond what I would normally call "really busy."

But here are a few quick updates to help you keep up with The Brinkerhoffs...
  • The adoption hearing was great!! We got LOTS of pictures, which will be posted up later...
  • We had a ton of company over the weekend, starting Friday night. In addition to the Brinkerhoff Seven, we had the DeCoursey Four and the Sorenson Five plus One. To me that sounds like 17 people at our house, but that seems impossible, so I'll just not add it up.
  • Saturday's open house was a big success! We had a steady stream of visitors from 4 to 8, with no dead times, and no times where it felt like we were overcrowded. Thanks to all who came!!
  • Sunday's blessing was also a big success - in that I didn't drop her, and managed to speak clearly and not drop my cue card more than once... Also, right after we sat back down and Danee was snuggling Mommy again, she let out three REALLY LOUD burps - kinda nice that she waited until there wasn't a live microphone right over her head...
  • After the blessing, the rest of Sacrament meeting was largely taken over by Brinkerhoffs. It was an almost overwhelming, and very humbling experience.
  • Monday I started my new job, heading up Biz I.t. Pros, the "Managed I.T. Services" division of Skynet Broadband. If anyone wants excellent outsourced I.T. Services, I'm your man!
That's about it for the BIG bullet points. Like I said, there are a ton of other posts I'd like to get up... but while you wait, here are a couple quick pictures...

Here's all of us with the judge...


And here's Danee after a long, exciting, overstimulating day!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad she is yours for good and all.

    We had a very nice time at your house. Thank you for letting us stay there. You guys are the best hosts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just fantastic everyone. So glad that you had a successful open house and that the blessing went well and that family could come and visit. She is just so precious. I love the picture of the whole family. Very very nice.

    Have a great time ahead with your brand new "daughter".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you got a picture with the judge. He probably loves handling uplifting hearings! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful weekend! It's all been one miracle after another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a really good time visiting with everyone. You and Cindy are wonderful hosts. Also Shawn always loves a chance to get to be "everybodys favorite" cousin and nephew. Thanks for making him feel so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us be a part of Danee's special day!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!