Monday, May 25, 2009

Ingenuity

The other day I was watching Ellysa do some boxing in the backyard. Ellysa is very good at boxing - she is undefeated on the Wii. The problem is that the 40lb bag in the backyard is not virtual and that means that it needs to be the right height to be useful.

Ellysa stands 5 feet and 1/2 inch tall. To some that would be short. Not that I would ever call her short... well maybe I would, but not in a mean sort of way. Anyway back to the story... So the other day Ellysa went outside to do some boxing. I watched her from the huge window in the back of our house, although she was unaware. She took a couple of shots at the bag and then removed it from the hook. She made some adjustments to the chain to lower the bag, and then proceeded to try and put it back up on the hook. She clearly was struggling with getting it back up. I don't know why but the whole situation had me in a giggling fit and I was laughing too hard to try and help.



As I was about to ask her if she needed help she very quickly headed for the garage. A few minutes later she came back with the wheelbarrow. I thought "hmmm, wonder what this about", then I watched her lift the bag into the wheelbarrow. I started crackin' up! I knew what she was trying to do. The problem was that she is short and the bag heavy so she was using her ingenuity to solve the problem. Obviously if she had a bit more leverage she would be able to get that bag back up where it belonged... the only problem?



She busted me with the camera out... and .....





After trying to wrestle the camera way from me, we did manage to rehang the bag and Ellysa was finally able to knock out the bag.



I asked her to push the wheelbarrow back into the garage with the boxing gloves on, but instead she just threw them at me :) I thought it would have made a great picture!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    We'll call her Short Stuff. :) That always implies cuteness and a smaller stature.

    I love the rapid action picture and Kitty meandering through like nothings going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture where she realized you were watching her the whole time!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!