Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hey Creative Types - Win Some Money!!

In case you've wondered why things have been so quiet around here, it's because I've been VERY VERY BUSY!!

On May 1, I launched my own company, providing I.T. Services to commercial and residential customers. Need your computer fixed or tuned up?? You'd want to call me! Can't afford a full time I.T. Guy at your company, but want all the benefits that would bring? Call me!

My new company is called...

So, for the last couple weeks, I've been setting up bank accounts, tax ID numbers, Articles of Corporation, phone numbers, Internet domains, and many more things, all while also servicing my first major customer.

I've also tried to come up with a logo, but as you can see above, my creative skills lie entirely in the Audio realm, with little-to-none in the Visual side of things. It's gotten a little frustrating, so I decided to enlist the help of the Internet to get me to the next level.

My friend Glen from Australia tipped me off to 99designs.com, a website where people in my exact situation can hold contests, with cash prizes, which are then entered by people all over the world who actually know how to create good looking visuals! WOO HOO!!!

My contest runs for a full week, ending Thursday, May 21 at 3:43 pm.

If you're someone who falls into that second category, and would like to take a shot at creating the face of Tech Services 4 All, just head over to the contest page, sign up and send in your entry!

And of course, if you need any help with your technological devices and systems, drop me a line!

2 comments:

  1. Mike I am so thrilled for you! You took lemons and made up a huge pitcher of lemonade. If I can think up something good I will send it out for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't have the skills. I'll be interested to see what people come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!