Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Danee Comes Home!



We got up early this morning, so we could go to the hospital and bring home our precious pink bundle of joy! She was so alert this morning, it was as if she knew that something big was coming... Sure enough, after a few minutes of discharge instructions, and one mind-numbingly repetitive infant CPR video, we were presented with discharge papers to sign!

Once that stuff was out of the way, it was time to load up that fancy new car seat!



Yep, there's nothing like a car seat that's good for up to 30 pounds, to make our little just-barely-four-pounder look as tiny as she really is!

A quick ride down the elevator, and I went to get the van, and loaded up my precious cargo!



Fifteen minutes later, Danee was safe in her new home, sleeping off the morning's excitement!

And right now, as I type this, she's laying in her big sister Kaylee's arms, with the fireplace going, and the heat cranked up to an otherwise ridiculous 77 degrees... Which is going to make it SO much easier for me to wear shorts all winter long, which as most of you know, is my preferred method of dress!

Best Christmas Present Ever: DEFINITELY!

2 comments:

  1. And I thought Madelyn was tiny in her carseat when we brought her home! I'm so happy for you guys that everything has fallen into place and Danee is home with her family. She just keeps getting cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home sweet baby!

    (I can't get over how tiny she looks in that seat!)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!