Monday, December 01, 2008

Danee Is Here!!

**UPDATE**
Oops, in my rush to get pictures up, I forgot to put the stats in...

She weighs 3 pounds, 3 ounces, and is 14 and 1/2 inches long!


Our ongoing roller coaster hit a new height today at 4:30 when our little (and I do mean little!) Danee was born!!

Her first few minutes were kinda rough, she didn't seem to get this whole breathing thing, but by the time I'm writing this, she's on a breathing machine, and carrying most of the weight on her own. Her doctors say she might be off the machine by some time tomorrow!

Here's the first pic - this was just seconds after we first got in to see her, about 90 minutes after she was born.



Some more shots, with our hands nearby for scale..











Right before I took this one, she had both eyes open.. but by the time the camera powered up and focused, it was just a little eye slit.. but that's better than nothing!



As you can see, she's a natural Brinkerhoff, with a full head of dark hair!

Cindy and I are heading back to the hospital to be with her a little longer... She's in non-stimulation mode right now, so we can't touch her, talk to her, or anything fun like that. But we could watch her breathe for hours and hours!

We'll have more updates as she continues her brave journey into our world!

Thanks to everyone who's left comments - while we were waiting through delays in the surgery, and delays in getting in to see her, the somewhat constant chirp of my phone receiving comments was a lifesaver! You guys are awesome!

18 comments:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet! I wish you good luck,Danee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is so cute. Congrads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for babies. how much did she weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I just updated the post... 3lb 3oz, 14.5" long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Danee! Congratulations Brinkerhoffs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOD Is So Amazing! Yahoo For Sweet Danee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all involved. I trust that the mother is recovering well and they have commenced treating her issues that brought on the early birth?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well. She is beautiful! I hope you don't mind, but I spread your good news on the Mathews family site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most wonderful start to the holiday season. We pray that little Danee will thrive and soon be able to go home. What a tremendous blessing and a honor to have read all about her arrival. She is BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's perfect!!! And I agree with Debie...what a perfect way to start off the Christmas season.
    I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're back from our second visit to the hospital, and she is SO SWEET!!! She was sleeping soundly, and while we were watching, she did a big yawn and stretch, then rested her left hand on her tummy and her right hand on her cheek. Looked SO adorable!!

    Glen - we checked in on the birth mother, and showed her the pictures. She's doing much better, and her body is already bouncing back from the issues it had been suffering. We have been assured that she'll continue to receive excellent care after the birth.

    Emily - Thank you for posting it on the Mathews Family Site! I received an invite to get a login a couple months ago, but never did anything with it.. So since I'm not on there, I appreciate you letting everyone know!

    Debsters - Thanks so much! When is your new daughter due??

    Lisa - we can't wait to introduce her to everyone!!

    And now, goodnight to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so beautiful, you two! I can just imagine what sweet torture it must be for Cindy to look but not touch.
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, that was fast! I'll pray for all of you, that Danee will be able to come home soon. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas you guys. Love it. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the picture where it looks like she is waving! Congratulations Brinkerhoff family...this is so exciting. Are you guys all set with everything you need for a new little baby? Let us know what we can do to help or what you are still in need of.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Danee is beautiful! We're so happy she is doing well.

    I'm still in shock at how tiny she is. What a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's just really cool. Cindy is the mother of that baby no doubt! I just go the word last evening that she was born. Need to check my blog more often. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Already In" -by Jon McLaughlin, is a song I think about with You guys & Danee :) it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!