Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Next Step

So Danee is born, and is breathing mostly on her own...

But the little card stuck to the heater above her bed says "Danielle Grace Farrens"... The first and middle names look great together, but uhh.... that last name just isn't right!

Remember last Tuesday's insane-olympics? All that paperwork will meet its destiny this coming Friday at 9:00 am, when we go before a judge and plead for temporary guardianship, as well as an adoption order.

Everything seems to be falling into place. The biggest question mark at this point is those pesky fingerprints we had to send to the FBI to get their blessing. Since we sent them overnight, and paid for overnight return shipping, everything should be fine. But last week's Thanksgiving Shutdown inserted a couple days of delay into the process, so now it's going to be very, very tight. We've been told that without the fingerprints, the judge will not grant the temporary orders.

This is where it's a nice thing that Danee is due to spend a fair amount of time in the hospital... If everything is in place except the FBI's approval, when we get that, we'll just go back and try again. There's really not any question that Danee will still be in the hospital at that point, so we'll still be set to take her home when she does finally get released.

The waiting is pretty rough... The next three days will feel like waiting for Christmas, only the present we're getting this year tops anything Santa carries in his sleigh!

And if all goes well, the card on Danee's heater will be replaced with one that Cindy told me is cuter, and proudly updates her last name to the one she'll carry for many years to come.

5 comments:

  1. Yea Brinkerhoff! I know this might get old, but I really mean it when I say I am keeping you in my prayers. They are long, but you are in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I don't think we'll ever get tired of hearing that people are keeping us in their prayers.

    Thank you, we appreciate it more than I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cousin Mike! This is my first time visiting your blog, and I am impressed. It is very very cool. I kind of remember now that you are a music fanatic too.

    Congratulations on the new baby, so exciting, and she is precious. We'll keep her in our prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Welcome aboard!!

    I am ALWAYS happy to know another music fanatic... I think sometimes I drive the rest of my family crazy with my obsession.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She sounds like such a little fighter already, I hope her progress continues to go well, and that the postal system comes through for you!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!