Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Sleepy Day

While Cindy and I were having a stressed out day, little Danee slept her day away...

Cindy went in this morning and held her for about half an hour, but Danee had no intrest in waking up... Didn't even give her a one-eyed glance!

This evening we went up to the hospital and asked the nurses how she'd been. The answer surprised us - Little Miss Babykins had slept all day... Getting mildly annoyed with the occasional diaper changes, but otherwise sleeping the day away.

Greatly in need of some baby love therapy, I went over and started talking to and rubbing her.. Small stretch and yawn, but nothing else. Cindy got her out of her bed, and I held her for about 45 minutes. I got a couple sleepy protest squeaks with half opened eyes out of her, and she had truly adorable hiccups for a few minutes, but that girl did not want to wake up!

It's a good thing, for the time being. Since she's still so early, the best thing she can do is pretend that she's still in the womb, just sleeping and absorbing nutrients.

And she sure is sweet when she's sleeping!

4 comments:

  1. It seriously looks like she is giving the sign for "I love You"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat. Little one-piece jammies are the best. :)

    I LOVE Stevie Wonder Christmas songs. I really love his version of Ave Maria. I want his whole Christmas album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that sleeping all day is probably good for her, seeing as how if she was still renting out Katie's womb she would be mostly sleeping, but you beat me to it. Loves to little Danee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bottom picture of Danee! How cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!